5 Famous Street Photography Quotes that inspired me a lot…
It’s very important to know about the legend and study there works. If you want to get deeper into the street photography you must know the street photographer who came before us and give us the way and guide us with there works. Knowing them with there works and reading their quotes they leave for us with there life long experiences. Many street photographer are influence by their works and quotes. Here is the 5 famous quotes by those masters that inspired me. Hope you all like it .
1. “There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative. Oops! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever.”- Henri Cartier-Bresson
Well, every street photographer constantly trying to chase “The Decisive Moment”. You have to have the preparation, instinct, skill, intuition and luck to get that decisive moments. If you don’t want to miss that moment you have to carry your camera all the time and shot continuously because once you missed that moment that never ever come again. It’s like a one way ticket show.
2. “Seeing is not enough, you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
When asked about Kertesz, Henri Cartier-Bresson showed his reverence by saying: “We all owe something to Kertesz.” and even “Whatever we have done, Kertesz did first.” Every street photographer those desire to learn from master should follow Kertesz. He had the insatiable curiosity about the world, about people, and about life, and a precise sense of form. He always try to feel the frame. Kertesz said “Put your soul behind your images and you will create images that not only inspire but touch the people you show them to.”
3. “If your photos aren’t good enough, then you’re not close enough” – Robert Capa
My most favorite quotes by Robert Capa. It influence me a lot about getting in street photography. When I started shooting street i couldn’t understand what makes street photos ordinary to great. But this quotes made me thing deeper and i realize why Robert Capa told this. Actually, there are too many moments in street and you have to capture those moments in exact time it occur. Not before and not after. The more closer you can go of the moment the perfect and great photos you will get. Perfect quotes for the street photography.
4. “To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting in an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” – Elliott Erwitt
Elliott Erwitt is one of my most favorite street photographer. He was the master of finding the beauty in the street and make that extraordinary. He was too artistic and fascinated, he shot children, dogs and ordinary scene but in a different perspective. You don’t need to go far long for take interesting photos. It’s happened all the time infront of your eyes, everywhere, anytime. It could be your yard, the road that pass through infront of your house. Very much inspiring quote.
5. “I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I’ve never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them.” – Bruce Gilden
Bruce, The rough and tough guy but very honest and sincere about his work. So inspiring photographer. As he studied sociology when he was school he is very interested in the various kind of people he shoots and see them as his friend. he is genuine about the people he shoots and feels a sense of closeness to them despite sometimes the people he shoot misinterpret him as an asshole. I’m a huge fan of him and so inspired to see his photos.